Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Spirit of Service and Protection

For those of you have been following my blog, you know that I am a Catholic Christian who often writes about things in light of the Catholic tradition.  However,  I hope that my tone is always one of love and openness to any and all people.  We, as humans, all long for joy and meaning in our lives, and I try to focus my posts on this in some way for the benefit of all of us.  I believe we are all brothers and sisters regardless of our affiliations.  This being said, I've been very intrigued so far by the comments of the new elected Pope Francis.  I recommend this article based on his homily (or sermon) from his inauguration mass today.  I know we all can appreciate his call "to serve and protect."

http://catholicmoraltheology.com/to-serve-and-protect/

Also, given how I feel about our universality as a human community, I thought this quote from Pope Francis fits quite well.  As he was leaving a group of people, he was apt to leave them with a blessing, so this is what he said:

I told you I was cordially imparting my blessing. Since many of you are not members of the Catholic Church, and others are not believers, I cordially give this blessing silently, to each of you, respecting the conscience of each, but in the knowledge that each of you is a child of God. May God bless you!

I hope you all have a blessed day, and remember to follow me on Twitter @DrewHaro, on Facebook, or through Feedfinder.

May we be ever-faithful, ever-mindful, and ever-joyful.


No comments:

Post a Comment