Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Getting started...

As the Dew Fall- What is this? Well, if you are Catholic, you might recognize it as a similar phrase to that which we hear in one of the Eucharistic prayers in our mass these days.  If you aren't Catholic, don't worry, I'll explain.  As the dew fall is a phrase designated to show how the Holy Spirit comes down to bless the sacrificial gifts of bread and wine at the altar. 

So, there I was, mass after mass, hearing the Eucharistic prayer time and time again when finally this phrase jumped out at me.  When it did, I begin to think about the physical properties morning dew.  How does it fall?  Why does it fall?  From where does it fall?  Does it even really "fall"?  We can not tell from where it comes or to where it is going.  We only know that it does indeed come and go.  This, too, is true of the Holy Spirit in the world, and more specifically, in our lives.  I know we all have experiences of the Spirit in our lives, and I'm hoping that this blog will become a forum for our experiences.  I will share Spiritual experiences and stories of my own, but I welcome yours, too.  Please feel free to send me any pictures, stories, or other incidents from which others may gain new perspectives on life.  After all, we are all living in this beautiful, messy world together.  Remember, though, that our Spiritual experiences more often than not originate from things that happen to us outside of church.

May we all be ever-faithful, ever-mindful, and ever-joyful.

1 comment: