Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Glass of the Spirit

Hello everyone,
Let me take a moment to thank all of you for reading and supporting my blog over that past ten months.  I have come to really enjoy using this forum as a way to reflect on my life in the midst of others' lives.  This process of reflecting, writing, and sharing has truly encouraged me on my own spiritual journey, and I hope that perhaps I've been able to encourage you even a little bit.  After all, while we are individuals, we are nothing without each other.

Now, as you can see, I have made some aesthetic changes to my blog that I hope you like.  Over the next couple of months, I may begin to widen my scope of "stories that help us sense the Spirit."  I may explore the use of separate pages, which would act kind of like newspaper sections, to better organize my writings into categories such as spiritual and physical exercise (since I enjoy running so much!) and perhaps a "classified" page for other miscellaneous resources.  As always, I am open to your suggestions!  This being said, I want to encourage you to use the social media toolbar on the right side of the page to follow me through FeedFinder (which allows you to receive direct communication when I update the blog), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.  Also, I'd love to make this blog more interactive, so I encourage you to comment directly on the posts so that others can share in our conversations about things.  Don't forget to share this information with others.  Thanks!

I'll leave you with this for today:
My mom, who has a great heart for service, sent me this quote below, and I challenge all of us to reflect on the how this quote can motivate us daily.

"A pessimist, they say, sees a glass of water as being half empty; an optimist sees the same glass as half full.  However, a giving person sees a glass of water and starts looking for someone who might be thirsty." - G. Thomas Gale

For your enjoyment, check out how this man shares the joy of how he sees that same glass (or glasses) of water.

Street Performer

May we be ever-faithful, ever-mindful, and ever-joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment